Dear QB Admins,
A QB Master has not enough performance due to the system must control so many nodes & thousands of builds at the same time. So, we used a Main QB Master connects with a few sub QB Masters. Users only need to interact on a Main-QBM. Build really run on many Sub-QBMs instead of a QBMaster
Currently, We are using "Trigger other build" step but this still consumes node resources. So, we hope to move using Webhook when Build start and finish with workflow:
- Main-QBM build request to Sub-QBM through Webhook call. Main-QBM release agent and keep "running" status
- Sub-QBM build start
- Sub-QBM build finish then update build information to Main-QBM
- Main-QBM build finish
To do this, we need your help:
1. make a few options/changes for Webhook plugin:
- Add "Trigger other build" option to Webhook (like "Trigger other build" Step). it means that: send build infor like before or trigger other build
- Add "condition" option Or scriptable for "Active" checkbox to skip call them if unnecessary
2. Allow build keep RUNNING status without any agent/node used
As I know, This seems difficult to implement due to QuickBuild style designed before.
We need this in case: make a new build (A) and it "trigger other build" (B), and then A will wait until B is finished (up to 2 hours). A's node will be locked for Build A without any job. So, this will help free up node to save resource for other jobs at that time.
Please let me know your opinion and if possible, please help us implement those above. it is very helpful for our system.
Thank you so much!
- solved #2
- replies 3
- views 849
- stars 0